Oxclose Up Close
Have you read our fantastic publication created, designed and written by the kids here at OPA? We are so proud to have re-launched the popular magazine, and hope you enjoy reading what we have put together over the past few months. We are intending to release regular issues during the next academic year, so please keep an eye out for us in the Autumn 2013 term! For now though, the bumper summer issue is filled with all sorts of things to keep you occupied during the break. Enjoy!
Oxclose Up Close will now be a regular part of our school website and a new issue will be available each half term. The new-look publication will include the following regulars:
- News – Local Issues, International and World Events
- School Stuff – Announcements, Captains’ Corner, Grubs Up!, Club News etc.
- Interests & Hobbies – Games Zone, Wow Websites, Favourite Things etc.
- Entertainment & Celebrity – Celeb Corner, Biographies, Reviews etc.
- The Neighbourhood – Readers’ Letters/Poetry/ Reviews/Opinions/Viewpoints
- Boredom Busters – Puzzles, Jokes, Cartoons, Fascinating Facts etc.
- Back Page – Sports News, Profiles, Spotlight on…, Player Profiles etc.
Each issue will also contain seasonal contributions, so our very first will be a special ‘Bumper Summer Issue’ that will be published by Year 6 pupils and include the following sections:
- Summer Safety
- Thanks for the Memories!
- Year 6 Reports
As you can see there is a lot to get excited about! Be sure to let us know your views and ideas for the ‘Autumn Issue’, due in October. Everyone can contribute to future issues through ‘The Neighbourhood’ section and by taking part in our interactive votes and polls. There have been a few teething issues in getting the links, votes and polls ready for the summer issue but all will be working correctly in future issues. Those next few issues will be published by pupils in Years 4, 5 and 6, but we hope to have contributions from writers in all year groups by our ‘New Year Issue’, in January 2014!
If you would like to be one of our journalists, and you’re willing to give up some lunch times, please contact Miss Gray in September. You can also register your interest by getting in touch with us here at the website by using the quick contact form. We welcome everybody to come and get creative. The magazine is also a fantastic way to brush up your literacy skills!