School Council 2019-2020
This is our school council for 2019-2020
The school have been voting for the school council representatives again this year. Pupils from each class put themselves forward for the position and gave a speech as to why they would make a good school council member. The classes then voted, and the members were announced in assembly.
School Council 2018-2019
Hello, we are the School Council for 2018-2019. We were elected by the children in our classes. We have regular meetings with the Miss Robson. During these meetings we discuss what we can do to make our school even better.
The children have elected their school council members for the year. Children were given the opportunity to nominate themselves as a candidate; they then had to produce a speech explaining what they would do as school council member. The four children who received the largest number of votes were put forward for the election. Each child was given the opportunity to take part in the ballot. They all enjoyed participating in the voting process.
Over the last two years we discussed lots of areas and made some important decisions
- Decided on how we wanted the new memory/reading garden to look.
- Chose the termly attendance prizes
- Helped to make important choices around the design of the new school libraray
- Decided to make our school environmentally friendly by introducing recycle boxes into classrooms.
- Discussed the charities we want to support – Children in Need, Christmas Jumper Day, Red Nose Day and Disability Awareness Day
- Decided upon the book character which will be used to display our school rules. A local artist created these for us.
- Decided to create a newsletter for parents/carers and created the name for it, which will be The Oxclose Owl.
- Decided on new equipment for the yard to improve playtimes.
- Improved our whole school behaviour policy.